2 days (15 hrs), hands-on. $ 695.
This is a
special SQL class for users and programmers at the intermediate to advanced level.
The class will focus on retrieving data with the use of join and union commands more
complicated than a simple JOIN of one or more tables.
The class will be taught using Microsoft Access97 to reach the largest number of
possible students without requiring the student to learn a new program. The focus will be
on SQL, not Access, and no more than a beginning skill level of mastering Access will be
required Go see more about the prerequisites.
- Introduction - Overview of the course
- Review of the working procedures, where the data and source files are, using simpler
- Managing the process and data -
- Where clause -
- Comparison operators / Criteria - equal, exact comparison
- Tough data
- Existence, building criteria for special records.
- Join operations - widening / adding fields
- Inner, Left Right
- Self Join issues
- Union - Adding additional groups of records to a result
- Building results with views
- Aggregate operations
- Simple Stats: count, sum etc with grouping
- Building Summary + detail
- How much we use SQL vs. a report writer for these
- Building Complex Data with Repeated Selects
- Performing array operations in SQL
- Working knowledge of SQL Select - for simple queries
- Know the usage in the WHERE clause of the expression operators: =, >=, like, IN ( ...
), NOT / negation.
- Usage of AND, OR, and rules for Boolean logic.
- Usage of ORDER BY
- Usage of summation functions: COUNT, SUM, AVG and their effect on the result.
- Usage of the GROUP BY and its usage in combination with the summation functions.
To register or ask questions, call 651-257-0786.
Back to top